While writing an equation in Ms Word, many times you need to type accent above letters or word like arrow symbol for denoting vectors () or dot above text () for denoting derivative.
Following table shows equation editor shortcut for getting accent like tilde, hat, breve, dot, double dot, triple dot, prime, check, acute, grave, bar, double bar, under bar, double under bar and vector accent above text in Microsoft Word. These shortcuts are Math Autocorrect feature of Ms Word which bring LaTeX like feature to Ms Word.
The best part of this shortcut is that, we can make it work also outside equation editor after following one time setting:
- Navigate toFiles → Options to open Word Options
- Navigate to Proofing and click AutoCorrect Options button to open Auto Correct window
- Navigate to Math Autocorrect tab
- Check the box against “Use Math Autocorrect options outside Math region“
- Click Ok and close all the dialogue box
|Accent||For||Equation editor shortcut (<2sp> stands for hitting space twice)|
|Double under bar||x\uBar<2sp>|
|Left vector (or left arrow)||x\lvec<2sp>|
Blog shows equation editor shortcut for accents. Using these, you can quickly type any accents like hat, vector, dot, double dot, bar, double bar, under bar, grave, acute, breve, check, etc. above text in Ms Word.