Therefore symbol (∴), comprises three dots is used in mathematical proof and logical argument. It’s placed before the consequence for e.g.
Four different ways to type therefore symbol in Ms Word
There are four different ways to type therefore symbol in Microsoft Word
- Method 1: Navigate “Insert Menu“→ “Symbol” and click “more symbols” to open Symbols window. In “Symbols” tab, select “Symbol” in “Font” drop-down menu and click “therefore sign(∴)”
- Method 2 (fastest): Type “\therefore” and press space. Enable “Use Math Autocorrect outside Math Region” to use this method.
- Method 3: Hold down Alt key and type 8756.
- Method 4: Type 2234 and press Alt + X
Shortcut for therefore symbol in Word
Of the above 4 methods, Method #2 uses Math Autocorrect feature of Ms Word. It is easy to remember, intuitive and much better than remembering Alt Code for therefore or searching for therefore sign. Despite its benefits, they seldom discuss it in popular Ms Word forums and community.
Ms Word shortcut for therefore symbol is “\therefore<sp> “, where <sp> is space.
You can use this shortcut directly inside equation editor. However, following one time setting allows you to use it outside equation editor too.
For more shortcut to insert Mathematical symbols in Word, visit our blog
Other Useful Ms Word Shortcut You May Like
One time setting to enable Math Autocorrect outside equation editor
Steps to enable it are
- Click Files → Options to open Word Options
- Navigate to Proofing and click AutoCorrect Options button to open Auto Correct window
- Navigate to Math Autocorrect tab
- Check the box against “Use Math Autocorrect options outside Math region“
- Click Ok and close all the dialogue boxed.
Therefore (∴) symbol can be insert in Ms Word using Alt Code (8756), pressing Alt X after 2234, selecting (∴) from symbols and Math Autocorrect Shortcut “\therefore“.