Ms Word has a wonderful feature that enables you to create a table of contents (TOC) with page numbers in 1 click. In TOC It is desirable to left align contents and right align page numbers However, sometimes (especially while making custom TOC) page numbers of TOC sits next to the heading/contents and you need to right align page numbers as shown below. The following steps will help you achieve it.
Steps (along with animation) to align page numbers of TOC
- Click anywhere on the TOC
- Go to References Tab > Table of Contents and click “Custom table of contents” to open Table of Contents window
- Check box against “Right align page numbers”. You can also select tab leader if you need or else select none.
- Click ok to close the window and apply setting
- Click Ok on the Ms Word prompt that asks “Replace this table of contents?” to apply