Degree (°) symbol is used to quantify temperature (°C or °F), angle (90°) and alcohol proof. However, typing degree symbol in Word is difficult as, there are no keyboard keys for it. In our earlier blog we have covered, four ways to type degree symbol in Word. This blog cover only the best method which will save your time and is very easy to remember.
Word shortcut for degree symbol
Type \degree and press space to get ° symbol.
The above shortcut is Math AutoCorrect feature of Ms Word and works inside equation editor. However, by one time setting, you can enable it to work everywhere.
Steps to Enable Shortcut
- Click Files → Options to open Word Options
- Navigate to Proofing and click AutoCorrect Options button to open Auto Correct window
- Navigate to Math Autocorrect tab
- Check the box against “Use Math Autocorrect options outside Math region“
- Click Ok and close all the dialogue boxed.
Math Autocorrect feature of Microsoft Word is the smartest way to type degree symbol. To get degree symbol (°), type \degree and hit spacebar.