Ms Word and PowerPoint has lot of feature to work on image. One such feature is cropping an image to circle or any custom shape. This blog covers 2 ways by which you can crop picture to circle or any other shape in Ms Word and PowerPoint. The video demonstration is also available here.
1st Method: Draw shape and fill it with picture (Works in all versions of Word & PowerPoint)
- Go to Insert > Shapes and draw shape into which you want to crop image
- Click shape and go to Shape Format tab > Shape Fill and select Picture….
- Browse picture/image and then click insert.
For instructions to Zoom in/out or move the image in shape, scroll down or click here to quickly go to the relevant section.
2nd Method: Crop image to shape in 1 click (Works only on newer version of Ms Word & PowerPoint)
This method allows you to crop image to shape in just 1 click. However, it works only in newer version of Ms Word and PowerPoint. Follow these steps
- Go to Insert > Picture and browse the image to insert
- Select image and go to Picture Format > Crop > Crop to Shape and click the desired shape
Following section describes instruction to zoom in/out or position picture inside shape
Zoom in/out or position the image after cropping
To zoom in/out or position the image after cropping, follow these steps
- Select cropped image and go to Picture Format and Click Crop
- Zoom in/out: Use the picture handles at the side or corners to resize.
- Position/Pan: Move image by holding the left button of your mouse to position the desired part of an image in shape